RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-Maxx 3.3 Concern
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
vwb563

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Maxx 3.3 Concern

How cold of weather are you planning running it in? Its not a good idea to run any nitro in real cold weather say 30 degrees or colder. As far as break in goes do you have a garage or some kind of out building where you can run it? Just run a hose of the muffler to the outside so as not to breath the exhaust fumes. Wont hurt a thing to break it in in cool weather. A lot of people wrap damp rags around the engine head to keep them extra cool during break in so this could be good thing todo itin cool weather. Just follow the instructions to the letter and you should be fine.
ORIGINAL: gpix13

Hey All,

I am new to the forum and to nitro vehicles (well I will be new to nitro vehicles once I get my T-maxx 3.3 for Christmas). You see, I normally get pretty anxious about stuff like this and have been reading anything and everything about the T-Maxx 3.3 that I can get my hands on. Reviews, articles, the manual, posts, etc. However, while reading the manual I noticed that they do not recommend that you run the truck during cold cold weather, so I'm a little concerned. Not as much about the break in process, but just that fact that I am going to break it in when I get it, while it's cold, and the fact that I'm completely new to nitro vehicles. I am planning on doing things straight from the book in terms of Traxxas' break-in process so there's no problems there. I'm just concerned if I'll be able to get it properly broke in with my knowledge (no knowledge) of nitro vehicles and with the weather. Any tips, suggestions and thoughts are more than appreciated.

Thanks,

Gpix13