RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 AM
jpjamie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF

ORIGINAL: Spitpilot

Thanks for your input RodanAZ - I understand your concern but since I only intend to use the Saito 125 I do not need the cooling flow in the fuse as required for an electric set up. The two large diameter cooling holes in the firewall and other small potential leaks have been sealed off to keep any leaking fuel out so the fuse will not be pressurized. Although I do not have the radiator outlet installed it might be advantageous for me to do so as this would create negative pressure in the fuse and add to the magnetic forces holding the canopy section in place. This being said, and considering the potential damage and loss of the canopy section, I may just use the retention screws to ensure loss of the canopy section does not occur.

Sealed off my "cooling holes" in the firewall as they are oil and gunk blow holes for anything other than electric. I'm using an O.S. 91 four stroke. Just had to prevent fuel and other contaminants getting into the fuse. Never occurred to me (appreciate RodanZA's comments), those firewall holes would have a pressurization effect inside the fuse and potentially "blowout" the canopy. I added the radiator exhaust, which may increase airflow cooling for electrics (with open firewall holes), and hold the canopy down for us internal combustion guys. Great stuff and thanks to you both!