RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 11:45 AM
bradyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW H9 P51 Mustang 60 ARF

ORIGINAL: Arruda

Gentlemen:

I intend to buy this “Blue Nose” P-51, but I would like to hear more about its landing gear.

Other H9 planes are blamed for having a week landing gear.

I have a P-47 and a P-40 and had to replace both landing gears.

My P-47 taxied like a walking duck and the wire struts bended even in soft landings. I replaced them with FTE gear with 3/16 wires. No more probems!

On my P-40 (after waiting for 6 month for a Lado retracts) I replaced them with Century Jet retracts, that doubled the cost of the plane (!!!).

Certainly the 5/32 wires are not strong enough to resist a 9 ~ <metricconverter productid=''10 lb''>10 lb</metricconverter> plane.

After reading all this thread I could not find many references on the retracts.

So I would like to ask you guys, with flying experience with this plane, how the retracts of this P-51 behave before investing in this kit.

Thank you for your help.

Leonardo

I've felt your pain. I have an H9 p-40 that eventually ended up with Century Jet Retracts after trying to fix a couple sets of H9 retracts. I can honestly say that the p-51 retracts are 100 times better then the usual crap that came with your other planes. They are solid and function perfectly. The only negative I can think of is that there is a bit more weight utilizing two retract servos but they have functioned flawlessly on my plane as I’ve been bouncing it around the yard.

The wings have pre drilled holes and blind nuts. On the starboard wing I had to knock out the blind nuts and move them out about 1/8” so the gear would fit nicely in the wing.