RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a real FAST plane!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a real FAST plane!

ORIGINAL: BreakingPoint

Well, I've been bit by the speed-bug and I'm looking for a REAL FAST prop driven plane. After doing some reaserch, I looks like the Great Planes Patriot is one of the fastest / non-pylon planes out there, but they no longer make it anymore. I'm looking for suggestions on an alternative to the Patriot. Maybe an F20 Tigershark by Phenoix or Juno?? Anyone have any suggestions on F20 or any other real fast plane. I had also considered a Hangar 9 Sundowner 50...

I'm new to the world of speed, so any suggestions by you experts would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks!
Really fast and all of those planes you mentioned do not go hand in hand, but what is your definition of really fast? 100mph? 125mph? 150mph? 200mph? Patriot's, F20's, Sundowners etc are quick, but not what I would ever consider fast. There has been ONE Patriot I remember reading about that was fast, 180mph or pushing 200, I can't remember, but that is with a lot of work.
If you want fast and not really expensive, get a Diamond Dust, or a Demon, or something along those lines. I had a Patriot and personally I thought it was a piece of junk but that is just opinion.

Again, it's easier to recommend an airplane to you depending on what your definition of fast is.