RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a real FAST plane!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:20 AM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a real FAST plane!

ORIGINAL: MJD

I don't think delta wings float your boat by the ''look like a plane'' comment (It sure is getting old), but when it comes to fast on a budget there are few better ways to do so. Thing is everyone wants fast, cheap, plus killer good looks and whatnot. Typically, you can pick two of those at a time with a good chance of success. You can crack 130 with a TT .46 or other engine of that ilk on a Demon or DD delta. You're talking $200 for the pair. And while deltas have a limited number of tricks up their sleeve, so what? Fast, cheap. If you haunt online auction sites and RC marketplaces I bet you can do 160 - 170 for the same $200 combo.

MJD

The first time I saw a Delta I didn't like it, but I built one and flew it and I loved it![sm=thumbup.gif] It didn't take long and I was addicted, fast and cheap, and the look grew on me fast, it looks evil especially with a cowled rear exhaust high performance engine.[sm=48_48.gif] The Screamin Demon might as well be an arf it builds so fast, lots of information here on them also.