RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Funtana 125
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Ken Cz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Funtana 125

Atasse,
I believe you may be correct.
I am using JR 821's for the elevator because I did not want to spend $200 for the 2 special low profile JR servos. I did not realize they are that light and I will compare the wt. to my 821's. I did check around for other servos (except the new low profile jobs) and found most servos with MG were similar in wt.

My engine (S115) is also about 1.5 oz lighter than the 125 so that is working against me too.

You are 100% correct on the weight ratio forward vs aft of CG. I did not measure it either but I am guessing it's close to 4-5 to one when you figure the aft position of the rudder servo vs the engine.
One thing I did do was modify a Harry Higby brass prop nut (machined off fwd end) and use that as my main prop nut with a locking spinner adapter nut to ensure all stays tight. Most bang for the buck with that wt. full forward.
Also went wth with APC 16x4 prop for the weight.

No problem here with your post length. I appreciate your input and insight into this issue.
If you are aware of any lighter weight servos with good torque that I can use in place of the pricy JR low profile jobs I would appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks again!

Ken