RCU Forums - View Single Post - Those are some nice tanks!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Those are some nice tanks!

Same story here. A life long model railroader, stumbled on to an RC tank while surfing ebay for some model rairoad equipment, Huh!? 1/16 scale RC tank that fires BB for less the $100. What have I got to lose. Turns out it was my passion for model railroading thats all. Then I stumbled onto this forum searching for information on the these Heng long tanks. Hmmm not too reliable, but lots of help on line. Nothing that can't be fixed, and parts are cheap. Oh wow look at all this upgrade stuff I can buy. IR battling????, What is that all about????

Patrick Curry, perhaps you should come and talk to us more often. Everyone should get just one tank. That's all just one, You know just to try it out. Never hurts to dabble in something else, just for a little while. You know, sharpen some hobby skills you can apply to your first hobby love, model railroading. Play with the tank until you get bored with it and then just give it away to a nephew or something. Heck a little tennie weenie decoder can cost $100. You can get a nice big RC tank for that , with radio and eveything.