RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you excited about the MERGER???
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 06:40 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you excited about the MERGER???

Guys,

If you love RCU and what I have done with it then you will love "New RCU" 100x more. I was intensively involved in the design of the site and its functionality. It is nothing short of phenomenal what has been put together. I'm not hyping either. I look at the beta site some days and just stare in awe. Then I have the developers and Michael tweak it more because I know what you guys want.

If you recall I've put many polls and threads in these forums over the past year. Many of those posts and notes everyone makes are aggregated and implemented in one way or another.

Ebay requires you to put a credit card and bank account in to sell something. We require a credit card for billing and security. No big leap there fellas. You can also become an AVB (address verified buyer) where we do an address check with your credit card (no charges placed on your card by the way) to make you verified as a buyer. It isn't foolproof but provides a much higher degree of security by far to what is in place now. Becoming AVB is optional. Read again, optional.

Last...RCU isn't going to become rigid and "business like" in its dealings like suggested above by jmulder. Those who run RCU are all avid modelers first and website owners 2nd. We are all obsessed just like the rest of you. Some of these changes are merely extra features and some are enhancements to ensure the scalability and functionality as RCU grows to 100,000 plus users.

We have invested heavily in this new site in both time and money because we believe it is needed by the modelers and the industry too.

RCU will always be a place to learn and have fun. I'm running the forums and sharing heavily in the joint responsibility of running the entire marketplace.