RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Great Planes Revolver
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 12:00 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Revolver

ORIGINAL: mike boxtall

What motor did you use in the 60 size Revolver? I am wanting to get one also but am not quite sure which motor. Most planes with a 70'' wing span call for a 160 two stroke or a 180 four stroke. Seeing them side by side there doesn't seem to be that much of a size difference.
A 1.60 2-stroke would be quite a bit of engine for most 70" airplanes unless they were extremely heavy.

The 70" Revolver will fly fine on a .60 2-stroke or .91 4-stroke. For alittle more performance something like a .75 -.91 2S or 1.10-1.20 4S will do the trick. I'm running the OS 1.10FSa in mine and it is just about perfect. Vertical performance is outstanding.

I was looking at mine last night and thinking how cool it would be to put a twin in it; the cowl jshape ust seems to be perfect for one. Maybe the old OS FT-120 4-stroke twin or the FT-160 that replaced it. Unfortunately those engines are a good 10-12 ounces heavier than a single cylinder engine. It would require some creative battery placement and possibly even a little added weight. Sure would be cool though.

The 70" is quite abit larger than the smaller version even though it may not appear that way in some pictures. It also flys a little smoother due to the increased size and weight. It also slows down much better in my opinion and is nicer to land (for me anyhow).