RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vailly Aviation Hawker Hurricane Build Thread
Old 12-18-2009, 01:43 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vailly Aviation Hawker Hurricane Build Thread

From what I have learned from other threads and modellers, this plane builds tail heavy ( I seem to hear that about any WW 2 fighter!) I'll be using a short kit from Jesse at Lazer Lizard, although I do have a full wood kit from PCK. I plan on substituting lighter balsa rear of the mid-section, and will do all I can to lighten it without sacrificing strength. I plan on building the plane to the spinner, and cutting access panels to keep the scale lines intact. If that does not work, I'll use the fiberglass cowl I got from Roy. I want the plane to look good and be light, so other than a cockpit and landing lights and normal panel lines/rivets, I'll probably let it go at that. I'll do a sliding canopy but may make it manually operated.
I'm aware that the full scale gear retracts and rotates 15 degrees, and so I'll wrestle with that when the time comes. I have not decided between Warbird Colors and Warpaint by John Clark. Covering will be .56 oz fiberglass on sheeted areas and solartex on the open structure. I'm not sure yet how I'll handle the joint between the fabric and metal.
Now, time to make my fuselage crutch supports and start building.
Sam