RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with beginner (somewhat)
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 05:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help with beginner (somewhat)

1/8th Off roading and insane jumps Savage X (or XL) Stock the Nitro goes around 40ish
there is also the Savage Flux which is brushless and I think goes around 50 or 60
I've landed(one of MANY bad landings) from a 25 foot tall jump front end 1st into concrete and broke nothing It actually just fell back on its 4 wheels and kept going. I've yet to break a part after around 40 REALLY bad landings. A savage will take a royal beating and keep coming back for more. It has the tendancy to wheely VERY easy if you slam the accelerator, it also rolls over pretty easy when turning (lower the suspension to help it out). The Savage X costs $409 at tower only part I'd say to add in is a skid plate made by RPM that costs $13 (side note do not look at the Savage X SS it is $50 cheaper but the included engine sucks, and is very problematic, I should know I got the X SS...)

Stadium trucks or a truggy (not a really huge difference) would be your best bet though if you want speed onroad and the ability to go off-road.

1/10th scale Nitros MT2's (they are Stadium Trucks despite being named MT(also some consider them truggies)) are pretty nice, 4WD, and can hit around 45 MPH or so (or if you look in the MT2 thread ppl modded em to go 70 at half throttle by putting a 1/8th scale nitro engine in ) there also super easy to work on and have a fair amount of room under the hood for tinkering. Costs $329 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSMG2&P=7 only things I would add in are the aluminum steering knuckles by GPM ($15 off ebay), and some onroad tires cause the offroad ones will get eaten up fast.

I'll be honest though I like 1/10th more mainly do to the vehicles being a tad smaller and easier to store. 1/10ths fit on my shelves vs my savage sitting in the middle of the floor till I can find a spot to store it. Also parts on 1/10th are generally cheaper if you need to replace em.