RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with beginner (somewhat)
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 11:30 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with beginner (somewhat)

ORIGINAL: jtnktz

I would honestly not depend on what epopel say online. There are many different types of R/C. From 1/18th scale to 1/5 scale. From RTR (Ready to Run) to Kit.
I own a 1/18, 1/10, 1/8, and a 1/5.
They are all fun in their own ways and is more of a personality thing.
If you like tinkering, DEFINITELY Nitro powered.

I would recommend going to an LHS (Local Hobby Shop) and talk to them. Ask if you can try some cars out. Take a look at them then you can decide.

It sucks to spend 500 dollars on a car to find out that you do not like then sell it for 300.

You want to make sure that you know what to buy.

I wouldnt totally depend on online opinions...but I would look into them....by going to your local lhs your not only going to be limited on what they mention and or carry...but you also risk the person behind the counter trying to sell something they make the best margin on...people at the lhs dont always shoot straight with you...and by asking for opinions on here you get multiple opinions...

yeah sure you need to support your local lhs (if you have one)...but that doesnt mean you havta buy everything from them...no matter what you buy you can shop a lhs for some things...

if I was to go to my lhs (which is 90 miles round trip)..I would be limited to traxxas only...sure there is alot of happy traxxas owners out there, I'm not one of them...not only do they only carry traxxas, but they are also super high priced....a gallon of fuel is $35....I can make a 250 mile round trip and pay $22 for a gallon, and save money on other shopping as well...thats just fuel, everything else is super high as well...