RCU Forums - View Single Post - great planes VFO
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Launch Pad McQuack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: great planes VFO

Well I have several flights on it now. It is definitely for the 3D pilots. This thing is very responsive and fun to fly. I was flying in a gym the size of a basketball court. In that space in forward flight you can do figure 8's, rolls and loops. If you are new to flying 3D or unsure I would suggest having a buddy catch the VFO from slow flight vs. trying to land in the hover. The landing plates are quite fragile to bad landings. On one flight I cracked 2 and it was not that bad of a landing. Also you have to be careful of battery power. On my last flight of the night I was having so much fun in forward flight that I did not have the power to get back into the hover. Unfortunately I did not know it till to late and did a bit of a belly flop. The plane held up to that and was fine. This would have been a good spot to have that friend catch it out of forward flight vs. the hover anyway. The mixes are also critical. Right now I am fighting a little cross control in my rudders because they are not moving the exact same length. So as I apply left rudder I get a little right role. Will have to work that out after a few flights and continued trimming. A friend took some video I hope to have up shortly so you can see how it flies. Questions?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86261.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1338780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84356.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1338781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62661.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	96.5 KB