RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eletronic engine syncronizer **SUPPORT **
Old 12-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Murphey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eletronic engine syncronizer **SUPPORT **

Twin Sync and possible RFI:
Bill:
I have a Twin Sync on a twin gasser, G20EI to be specific. This engine has electronic ignition, not a magneto. I made a stand that would hold the center section of the wing and the Twin Sync circuit out where I could set it up for my application, with engines running of course. Everything worked great. The Twin Sync is now installed in the wing and the wing on the plane and I’m getting very erratic throttle response. Both throttles are all over the place with no consistency at all other than they jump together. Throttle response is normal with either engine running alone, which I would expect as the Twin Sync has no control on a single engine. I’m guessing here, but I suspect RFI into the Twin Sync via the speed sensor wiring. There are no other control issues on the plane. (Radio/Receiver is 72 mHz) The nacelle is fairly crowded and the speed sensor wire goes right over the ignition module. I was thinking of shortening and shielding the speed sensor lead and grounding it to the engine. Would that seem to be an appropriate next step, or would there be another?