RCU Forums - View Single Post - Elmod Installation problem
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:53 PM
DeadTom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Elmod Installation problem

This is a touchy subject with any type of RC vehicle, alot of people will try to sway a new person one way or another to the system that they are currently using.
I have had older Futaba, Airtronics, Cirrus and JR radios and about 4-5 years ago I purchased a Spektrum DX7 and I use it with some of my planes and all of my helicopters. I have been very happy with this radio and receivers that I have purchased, I will say that just about any new 2.4ghz radio will be just fine for you.
The thing you must ask yourself is what else are you going to do with that radio as far as any other RC vehicles, helis, planes or tanks.
Personally I am looking into the DX5 or the DX6i for my next small radio purchase for use with tanks and small planes/helis.
It comes down to a price that you can afford and the features that you desire, having said that you can get by with a nice 4 channel radio for use with tanks. If you can get more channels do it, in the future when you want to add some other control onto your tank you will already have a radio to use. And if you get a nice computer radio you can use it with more than one model and reduce the number of extra transmitters hanging around.
DT