RCU Forums - View Single Post - TRAXXAS BANDIT TO BAJA BUG CONVERSION
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 06:15 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: TRAXXAS BANDIT TO BAJA BUG CONVERSION

It's been a while since I posted anything on this project. After getting screwed over by Tower on wheels and tires TWICE I gave up on it and just decided to run some old Switchs and beadlocks. I have to admit that as much as I hate beadlocks they do look really good on this project.

Updates since the last photos.

Beadlocks and switchs.
S-600 motor
Blue XL5 ESC
2075 Servo
1/4 spacer on outside of front shocks. This prevents the tires from hitting the body. If you build one of these yourself extend the chassis an extra 1/2 inch to prevent tire rub.
modded a slash battery hold down for the battery.
rebuilt shocks with 45wt front and 40 wt rear.

Over all handling is now very neutral with just a mild push in tight corners. It handle much like a slash with LCG. It's also 10 oz lighter than a slash so it seems a little faster. One thing I did notice is that I need to add a piece of alum under the chassis to cover the gap in the chassis. A bad landing on a double put a nice dent in one of my lipos. To prevent that from happening again i'll be making a plate that runs under the chassis in the very near future.

Things to do
Need adjustable rear links. I'm planning to go with adjustable links in the future to give me some tuning capabilities but for now the rear is pretty well planted as is. I might need the adjustments on a looser track.

Lose the heavy bead locks. They're heavy and unreliable even with JUST a the S-600. I do like the Switchs on this bug. Can't get them to hook up on a slash but they have performed well on this thing. Go figure.....

Plate under the chassis as mentioned above.

Slash front bumper. RPM rear bumper.

Enough talking.. Here's some pics.