RCU Forums - View Single Post - Banana Hobby
Thread: Banana Hobby
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 10:18 AM
cap10b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

Ok here goes
All the bad press and customer service issues aside My question is How does it fly.
Well I got the chance to find out.

A good friend of mine bought a Banana Hobbies A-10 (he is not net savy and didnt know there was anything wrong with the above mentioned customer service)

He got his A-10, slapped her together with all the needed equipment and in between the maiden flight on another plane he pulls this out and says FLY IT. Well I said OK here goes and we took off (All stock equipment as he does not know how to hopp up an electric)
I must say I was very empressed. We had a very severe cross wind that was 10-15 mph, I took off accross the runway with about 75ft of clearance. The little twin electric fans turned up and she skidded sidways a little and I pulled full elevator right at the edge of the asphalt and the little plane pitched up pretty as you please and took off and climbed straight with good authority.

The plane handled the wind nice she was rock steady and took very little trim, my friend said let her rip, meaning put the petal to the metal and do some high speed passes. Well the wing bowed considerable the fans wound up tight and she came across the runway
straight down the center line and the ailerons started to flutter. I backed off the power and the flutter stopped and we flew the rest at about 1/2 throttle.

Come time to land I lined her up with the runway pulled the throttle to about 1/4 and put the nose down and she came right on in rock steady, pulled the power off and pulled the nose level and she sat down on the runway pretty as you please.

Dont know if all the Cust Sat issues are worth it but man that was a fun plane to fly.

jds