RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Ofiicial Thunder Tiger Ducati 999 & Desmosedici
Old 12-24-2009, 10:29 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Ofiicial Thunder Tiger Ducati 999 & Desmosedici

Kyle.. maybe a couple of things here will help you out... The stock bike's front tire is not really suited for the bike, It has a wedge shape that makes controlling the bike at slower speeds very difficult.. Also, learning to drive you will have a tendency to drive slow.. maybe you are going too slow.. Its easier to drive the bike especially when learning in a larger area free from obstacles and go faster.. the faster you go the more stable it is.. There is a fairly large learning curve with these bikes and they take time.. I never bothered with the stock motor and immediately threw in a brushless system..
The factory steering is unresponsive at best, but it is drivable until you will want to upgrade it.. You don't want alot of throw in the steering.... to turn you want the bike to lean, thats how they turn... If you have any full scale bike experience it helps, but even a regular bike (mountain bike or road bike) works the same way.. The steering upgrade just makes it more responsive.. Most of the guys here upgrade to a digital servo for the steering.. It allows it to return to center accurately.. the stock in gets close but is slower and if its not centered, the bike won't go straight without your input...
I remember when I first learned how to drive a bike.. I thought I would never get it.. eventually I did as does everyone else... having previous car experience will help with orientation... when its coming at you...