RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 10:39 AM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

I rarely wander from the Warbirds forum, but visited this forum for the 1st time because I was looking for info on my recently aquired Saito 300 twin (single carb/ single plug per cyl version). That engine will be used to power my Byron Corsair (yet to be built).

So, count me in, if I am just now joining, my Saito Club membership number must be higher than my AMA number.
However, this is not my 1st Saito engine: that would be a Saito .50 I bought about 15 years ago to power my DynaFlite Corsair (my 1st warbird).

To provide an inventory of current Saitos that I have, and/ or have owned in the past would be too time consuming. I'm sure there are many out there who have owned more than I, but all I can say is: I've owned my share, and loved every one of them.

I tried YS a couple of times: they are without a doubt more powerful for thier size, but I found them a little more challenging to get dialed in and keep them dialed in, so I went back to Saito.
Mian reasons I chose them over O.S.: power to weight ratio AND looks. OS has finally been catching up with Saito in the power to weight ratings, but Saito has NEVER LET ME DOWN, so I just keep buying and using them.

Pic is of my Top Flite P-47 ARF with Saito 100GK: note how well it blends in with the dummy radial (Saito is inverted):
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62094.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	1340984