RCU Forums - View Single Post - Robitronic Mantis official topic
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 08:14 PM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robitronic Mantis official topic

Thankfully I've not had an issue with the LSN falling out.
It's been a couple of months since I last drove my Mantis. I haven't yet saved enough clams for the servo I wanted since I'll also need to buy a new radio to even use it blah blah blah....so I broke down and ordered a cheap, high torque servo for $30 from AmainHobbies (Airtronics 94162Z High Torque Metal Gear Ball Bearing Servo) and had it delivered. Took over 2 weeks to get here.....stupid customs....anyway even though we are in the process of moving (again), I made time to wedge the new servo in: it's all about priorities . I'm sure you noticed the word 'wedge' in my previous sentence....that's because this servo is about 1/4 inch taller than the stock one. So to make it fit without using a hammer, I used some bearings for spacers and some longer screws I had on hand. Seems to work fine and feels a LOT stronger than the stock servo. I will try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. I've taken the Goliath tires off and packed them so all I have kicking around are the stock tires.......Tomorrow will be fun.....Merry Christmas and cheers, everyone, to breaking parts before the New Year.