RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Skybolt ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 03:36 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Super Skybolt ARF

ORIGINAL: landeck

da Rock, thanks for information. IIRC, you used a 61 FX which in size is similar to the 61 SF. Also I have an old style Slimline I can compare the Bison to for size. Did you have any muffler presure/fuel flow problems with the Slimline muffler?
Bruce
Only problems with fuel flow is when I've got uniflow plumbed poorly and get siphoning and that's not a muffler problem.

OK, I just ran down to the shop and looked into the cowling. The Bisons have a large tank where the old Slimline has a tube, but it is positioned perfectly to keep the size out of play. It should fit into the cowling with space to spare.

The Bison's tubes are longer than the Slimlines. They might be a bit further back. The hole I made in the lower cowl for the tubes actually wasn't very large. You need it of course for the pipes to exhaust outside the cowl, but sometimes it has to be longer to let the cowl fit over the pipes as it's being put on. Sometimes what I do is saw the pipes shorter and put on longer silicone tubes. This cowl didn't need that for the Slimline, and I don't think it'll need it for the Bison.

It's a nice flying airplane. Just messing with it just now made me wish it wasn't raining.........

You'll like yours.