RCU Forums - View Single Post - NOSEN P-51 (not).. MY OWN GIANT PLAN BUILD
Old 12-26-2009, 06:30 PM
bert_sparrow
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nosen P-51 (not). MY OWN GIANT PLAN BUILD

No, it's Ultracote Chrome. I just couldn't find anyone with any real experience with it. But who knows, maybe a year or two from now, I'll convert this to FM. While this covering looks cool, man I tell you, it shows EVERY flaw, so you better be good with your building! I've also noticed every little ding shows more than regular monokote.

As far as my canopy, I really had fits about the thin edge as is descends down onto the side of the fuse, as there was no real flat surface to glue it to, so on the front edge where it's flat, I used RC56 canopy glue, but then on the thin sides that set down on the side of the fuse, I used black electrical tape to secure it. I'm sure the experienced builders are rolling their eyes, but I couldn't figure anything else, plus, I wanted my plane to be a bit different, and most Mustangs have on the canopys, silver or aluminum paint, I chose black as you can see - so this served two purposes - not only could it be a bit different, but the black trim hides the black electrical tape. By the way, black electrical tape stretches very well around the curves. Here's an older picture taken around the time I mounted it, you can look close and see the black tape. What do you think?

Bert

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30777.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1342299