RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra bandit almost ready for test flight.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:40 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra bandit almost ready for test flight.

I picked this kit up from Al's Hobbies about 4 weeks ago (he did me a real good deal!)Although the manual says 60 hours from box to air what you see here is after about 160 hours work and I really did think I built stuff quite quick...

I powder coated the struts and got the wheels anodized black. I did this for two reasons. 1: because this was going to Ali's own plane and he was going to do the same, so it will wind him up. 2: I recon it looks cool and just a little different.

After watching David Shulman fly two U.B's one with a P200 and the other with an Olympus back to back at the FIJR a couple of years ago, it was clear the Olympus had the better vertical so that’s what I have fitted.

I quite like the Orbit Power Jack. It plugs straight in to the Futaba 14 channel RX and allows for two power inputs and regulates the receiver and signal power to 5v. After much deliberation I have fitted A123 packs straight to the PowerJack through 2 Smart switches. Bennie has also set the Olympus ECU to run on A123 cells for me too.

After reading about some problems with UAT's restricting fuel flow on larger engines I have made one with larger 4mm I.D fittings. I also drilled out the std BVM aly main tank fittings to 3mm and the centre tank has a 4mm I.D fitting and I also made a 4mm I.D clunk. It all seems to work really well.

So just a few more jobs to do on it like fitting the second canopy after wrecking the first.. Nightmare job!

Jason

It seems I have been bitten by the RCU big pic bug so I'll post them on different posts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42332.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	1343750