RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-28 Dave Platt
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:06 PM
maser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-28 Dave Platt

Thanks Guys.

I talked to Dave Platt today and he confirmed that there is a 3 degree washout.  He gave me a suggestion on how to do it, but it requires taking the wing off the building table which I really dont want to do.  

Dean RCU, thanks, this is the method I prefer to use.  Nick Ziorli does the same thing on his plans, but he shows you how to jig the wing on the building board to get the proper washout.  I've built his Corsair and it flew right off the drawing board without any trim needed.  Your article basically suggests the same method, build it on the board. 

On the Ziroli plans he lays basically a 1/4 x 1/4 stringer diagonally across the bottom of the wing to get the tip at the proper washout. 

I intend use the same method, but need to determine how big the stringer needs to be and at what location to place it under the wing.

Platt does not show anything like this on the plans so I will have to figure out how to shim the wing from center to end of wing. 

My freind Steve Keesey has several protractors to measure the 3 degrees that I can put on the building table. 

I will post some pics once I figure this out.