RCU Forums - View Single Post - Walkera WK-2801 8ch Multifunctional Transmitter Review
Old 01-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Silverexpress
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera WK-2801 8ch Multifunctional Transmitter Review

ORIGINAL: us020140

I cannot get my Walkera to bind to my brand new WK-2801 Pro transmitter.. The first post on this thread states it will work with a 4#3B but the transmitter came with no instructions whatsoever. I downloaded the PDF manual and there is no mention of binding to anything but the 2801 receiver. Did I get taken or is there some way to make it work. I can fly the heli (barely) with the throw-away transmitter that came with it but its a horrible experience. The throttle is more of an on/off switch than a throttle. I bought the WK-2802 Pro from rc-fever.com, and have emailed them twice with no answer so far.
Any help would be appreciated.
Phil
First, let us know what receiver you have in the 4#3b. It's probably a 2401 which is a 4 channel. This means you'll have to switch the TX option to bind with the 2401.

from the main menu: STICK -> COMPTB -> from here you can pick the various RX bindings. Pick 2401. Hit enter.

Now turn off TX. Position power connector on Heli for ease of connection.
Once you turn on the TX, you'll have 10 seconds to connect power to the heli.

Once connected the heli will beep, and then the servo's will move. At this point move the cyclic stick to the right. Wait a few more seconds for the gyro to initialize with a few more beeps. Try not to move heli once you've powered it via the connector or else you'll screw up the gyro initialization - it'll mess up the tail rotor mix.