RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bell 47 Crash
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
lawrencelkl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bell 47 Crash

Hey guys,

Some updates on my progress. I have the Walbro gasket repair kit came in before the 30cc engine so i have replaced all gasket expecially the diaphram. I started it and it was running really WELL!
however, it was running without main blades but at lest the throttle response seems fine. I did not rev it up, just from idle to maybe 20% throttle stick as it was almost unloaded with just the fly bar on the rotor head. At least i am happy and have it running!!! Thanks for the helps guys!

I also started to make a a pair of wooden blades. I know it has to be properly balanced and strong enough so i have spent quite some man-hours on them. i made them 80cm so can be cut down to 79cm later if needed. they are sanded to shape now and ready to be heat shrink-ed. My plan is to test the engine power with my wooden blades. Once i see it is powerful enough to hover, then i will purchase a pair of proper fiber blades. Because I read some folks saying that the older hirobo engine is underpowered even for normal flying hence dont want to spend a fortune on blades at early stage. I also cut down a pair of fibfer glass trex 450 main blades from 325mm to 130 mm to use as the tail rotor blades.

so once the main blades are ready to be used, i will try to fit it onto the head with 5mm bolts and have a try at the field, of course, if weather permits. I will find a place with no one around for safety.

Will update when more progress coming. just too cold to be outdoor for too long nowadays.

Cheers.

Lawrence