RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
lokiyawl
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88

Frank,

Yes you did tell me that the 88" was big but I guess that one just has to see one in person to really know! Hinge replacement does not sound like it would be too much fun. Do you cut off the old ones and drill all new holes? I forgot to mention that the throws on all of the controls looks to be a lot more than on my 74". Maybe the bevels are a different angle, I am not sure, I was just flexing the unbonded surfaces and noted that the movements were huge.

I will send Curtis an email and see if he has any ideas for a quicker release on the canopy, otherwise I will just find a tool that will make removal a bit faster.

And yes, taking care of the job has to be pretty high priority right now, both with the way things are and because of the shopping list I still have to finish this Yak! (grin)

My fingers are crossed that you soon get news that your new Edge is on it's way.. don't let the anticipation push you over the Edge. (grin)

Congrats James !! Told you it was BIG!! I used the hinges that came with mine and their just about ready to be replaced remember this one is a few years old now !

For the Canopy maybe if you used 2 quick release (one on each side)of the Canopy,maybe that would be enough to hold it on. Mine is only on with 2 bolts and they come out in a few seconds,not as fast as the latch,but still not that bad...

Definitely take care of the Job first,since their few and far between these days! I'm still waiting to hear that the Edges are in..
I'm sitting on the "EDGE"of my seat waiting!

Frank..