RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Wind 110
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Zebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebart Wind 110

ORIGINAL: 1bwana1

ORIGINAL: 1bwana1

New Years arrived, and it was a perfect day for flying today, so the field was a little crowded. The Wind 110 I have been flying was being flown by it's owner (thank God!), and during a point roll had a mid-air with a 48" Extreme Flight Extra 300 EXP. The Wind's wing cleanly cut the tail off the Extra, and the prop ran what was left of it through the blender. The Extra was totaled, just small pieces floating down. A spectacular mid-air. The Wind 110 suffered sever damage to it's wing, but through excellent piloting, was brought in without further damage. All the Wind needs is a new wing.

I thought you guys might enjoy some pictures of the damage. Notice that the aileron was left dangling with only the control linkage holding it on. Also notice how much of the wing is completely missing. Very difficult to control, It was a great save!

Unfortunately,Mark (the Wind's owner) isnot having any luck findinga replacement wing. The U.S. distributorship is going through some changes, and currently is of no help. This also seems to be the case in the U.K. where the model was originally purchased. Does anyone out there have a source for replacement wings? Help would be greatly appreciated!
Igotreally frustrated by not being able to find spare wings, SebArt.it did not even reply to my email. I don't agree with the guy who said in earlier posts that the support is great! great product, crappy support! Both of my reliable UK stores are not getting any supplies since the main distributor, FlightTech, is out of business and no supplies are sent to them until the liquidation process is over. Ieven emailed other distributers/sites all over the world and either they dont have it or it would take 6-8 weeks to get one. I really hate to be down and not be able to fly, speically when our EMAC is coming up soon.So out of desparation Iordered a whole new kit from EspritModel who happened to have one in blue and even kindly gave me $50 discount, awesome experience!It is already shipped out. Iam still going to fix the damaged wing and hopefully it will turn out nice and end up with a complete back up plane or sell it or whatever...