RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1st time posting with a few questions
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 PM
armalite_ar50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st time posting with a few questions

OKall... thanks for the replies.
Ibought 2 quarts of 25 %nitro from a hobby shop 35 miles away (all they had)Iam going to have to add the castor since it is all synth.

I'm finding all kinds of stuff Ididn't know Ihad. (Anew black widow)I new Ibought it, just didn't know where it was. and more testor planes.
UN-PACKINGISFUN!!!!

YESIwould like to get into combat. and back into stunt.
Isent a e-mail to that "foamwings ATAYEOHHEL . COM but haven't heard back from them ( over a week)got the link from the stickie suppliers page here.

I'm thinking the black widow that's still in the box would make a good stunt plane..
Ijust have to find a good stunt plane to build. Any recomendations? Profile would be alright since Iknow it's going to take a few dirt naps.
Ireally won't need a trainer since Ihave the cox crusader to crash with.

Ialso bought the spider wire from wally mart. bought the 50 lbs test. in hind sight what's a good tinsel strength?

1: whats the least/most LBS. strength to buy?

2: what's a good line length for the the .049 testors (13 inch)and cox (20 inch)? all .o49 engines.

3: Iknow these things weigh next to nothing. What can Iget away with as far as distance and reliability? with spider wire. 20 ft.? 40 ft.? 60 ft?
Iremember my stunt plane having the longest leads.

4: Unless Istart posting pix of my collection/flyers this thread is USELESS!!!!

Once again Thanks
Rich
armalite50 AT gmail.com (straight to my phone)