RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ceramic Igniter and ECU battery
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:57 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Igniter and ECU battery

Jet Central customers have responded very favorably about the use and start up with our new ceramic igniter. All report a much lower "start gas" parameter setting as well as instant starts followed by aggressive preheat going into fuel ramp. Nothing could please us more. However, some have called or emailed with complaints of "Low battery" warnings during their first start attempts. Routinely, the problem is traced quickly to the condition of the ECU battery. Some we have found are really not completely educated with their particular charger or the charge condition of their ECU battery.
Today I received this email from one of our Super Bee customers, Dennis Blades. Dennis writes:

Hi Eric,

Finally got a chance to fire up the Super Bee (been cold up and snowy up here in Delaware)

I charged the batteries – 8.1 volts when I started the Super Bee last night. I took your advice and watched the volts draw on the HDT during the start sequence.

Voltage dropped from 8.1 to 6.9 for a couple seconds as the plug was heating up and then went up to 7 and started climbing as the propane light and ramp up.

So – my starting problem was that my batteries were not charged enough and dropped below the 6 volt cutoff (didn’t realize ceramic plug would draw that much – lesson learned!!!!).

Thanks for continued help and support.

Dennis

Thank you Dennis for the follow up and your words of wisdom. Any and all questions are always welcome at Jet Central. . .just about any time of the day. We will get back with you via this forum, email or telephone call. BTW, the information (battery volts/amps) is available to every user. . .just menu up to the next screen of data after the start menu screen.

See you at a jet meet soon. . . .

Eric