RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI Blitz brushless upgrade ?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 02:34 AM
burnineyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Blitz brushless upgrade ?

Like I said I love Castle and I think they are the best in the business. BUT, for the money the Hobbyking setup I linked is more powerful, its more equal to a Mamba Max instead of a Sidewinder. It also uses a sensored design. I for one could care less about sensored, but for the same price why not. Many people like the feel of a sensored motor better as well. The Hobbyking brushless is a re-labeled XERun system, which is a great system. The Castle systems are extremely tuneable with the Castlelink, but if you are at the track or in the field you have to either bring a laptop or do it manually which is a royal pain in the buttocks. Castle has now said they will be releasing a programming card like the one this combo comes with, the reason being that everyone who has ever used a card absolutely loves them. It fits in your pocket and barely weighs anything, but allows you to make adjustments trackside in seconds. The only real advantage to a Sidewinder is the great customer service and no hassle warranty, but many people are using the XERuns and will tell you they are just as reliable as any. Either system will make you very happy, and both will give years of service if treated properly. The real choice is how much power do you want??