RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another large scale Impreza project
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Frederik_b

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Another large scale Impreza project

VassilisG:

Your english is fine, I understand everything you say with no problem. English is not my first language either(its french).

I did nt think of using a tube, it will be much simpler like this. Thanks for the idea! Also that gives me some ideas about finding some kind of tube already designed to screw a cap or a plug in the end. That way I would not have to machine anything for the bottom of the strut (i dont have to have an attachment at the bottom as it is going to be screwed to the wheel hub).

Lars and VassilisG:

About the diff, I got an aluminium one (still not arrived) from ebay, and I already have another one of plastic. I will put the plastic one in front to start. Then if I find a second alu one I will replace the front one.

When you say the pins fails, are you talking about the pin on the driveshafts ? or the pins that hold the gears inside the diff ?

Thanks for your ideas and help. I will snap pics of the belts I plan to use to give you an idea of what it is. It looks pretty much like all the belts Isaw on 1/5 scale.

C.lyra:

About the rollcage, you mean building a cage based on the bottom plate ? Like some kind of hybrid between a tubular chassis and standard plate chassis?Because I dont have a welding machine so I cannot build a tube roll cage.

Thanks again all

Frederik