RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...
Old 01-09-2010, 03:42 PM
slickcb2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

ORIGINAL: KindSmoker

Hey fellas,just ordered a Slash 4x4 from Amain,got the 3 day shipping so it should be here by this weekend. This is my first real RC vehicle so i am a complete novice in the hobby and have a question about batteries and chargers. I keep seeing this stuff about Traxxas connectors on batteries, i am not really sure what the difference is between these and other connector types. I have been doing some research and it looks like the Turnigy Lipo batteries seem to be the best deal out there but i am not sure if they would have the right connector type for this truck? Also i am wondering if i have to get some type of special charger that works with these connector types? Would anybody have any Lipo charger recommendations that are very simple to use for someone who is a mechanical idiot like myself? Also i would be completely open to any other battery recommendations that are similar in price to the Turnigy Lipos? I am excited to get my truck but am also pretty intimidated after reading on a couple of forums the past couple of days,just seems like you have to be a real mechanically inclined type of guy to enjoy this hobby,which i am NOT. Thanks for your time,i would be glad to accept any advice for a noob that any of you may have.

KindSmoker
Cut the end off of the factory esc and solder some deans on that bad boy and be done with it. MOST everyone who is serious runs deans connectors. As far as a charger I would recommend Hyperion 0606. Will be the last charger you will ever need to buy, unless you plan on going to giant 10s heli batts!!! On another hand, if you are not mechanically inclined may be best to stay with NIMH batts. Lipos in the wrong hands can be very very dangerous. Read up a lot on lipos charging and safety before getting them. Turnigy seem to be good batts, some of the more serious racers will disagree. But for bashing around turnigy will be just fine. I personaly run zippys, basically the same as turnigy. Hope this helps a little.