RCU Forums - View Single Post - UPS Delivery Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: UPS Delivery Problem

The UPS tracking should show what time it was delivered. If there was a good amount of time between when it was delivered and when you got home I would lean towards thinking it was stolen off of your porch. I know there are less than honorable people who will "shadow" a UPS truck in a residential neighborhood and then steal packages left at the front door. It stinks that there are people out there that act this way, but they do exist.

Because of actions like this I have all of my deliveries sent to my office. Luckily we own our own business and have that luxury. Check with where you work and see if they will allow you to ship to your office. Or find a retired friend, or somebody else that his home most of the day, and see if you can ship to them. Another way to avoid packages is to ship them "signature required" if you have that option from where you are purchasing. With this option the shipper can't simply leave it at your doorstep because there is nobody there to sign for it. If they do leave it on the doorstep and it's missing then it's on the shipping company to pay for it since they didn't get a signature for the item.

Ken