RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...
Old 01-10-2010, 05:59 PM
it8ezbngrn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas 4wd Slash Thread...

racing is down up here. The guy who won the short course championship driving for AE (Scott) owns an indoor track and hobbyshop here in town. The roof caved in and its under repairs. It rains here almost everyday so if the tracks not indoors its not happening. Thats why I love teh new VXLs and stick with NiMh. I parted the first two slashes to get 2 VXLs to do a V-Twin (dual VXL) setup on my E-Revo. The Slash 4x4 parts and rolling chassis sell so well that I pretty much get a VXL combo for teh price of ebay fees. It was the only way I could afford it. I was going to have to sell it otherwise and replace it with another Slash 4x4 and run Stampede VXL tires and do a body lift. I'm going to do that anyway but I'm switching to the Proline Baja Bug body taht has more of an open wheel so it fits the tire/rim combo. Now I need J-concepts to make the cover for the topside to keep the muck out.

PS Scott is a nice guy, totally helps his customers even though he may compete against them. His prices arn't bad either. And he allows people to sell used items in his store (for a small take unless you take store credit) but thats rare at most shops.