RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-flite Deuces Wild 25e2 ARF
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
speedy72vega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Deuces Wild 25e2 ARF

My wife bought me a Deuces Wild for X-mas. I maidened mine yesterday, and I have to say, I love the plane, and the way it flies, but VERY disappointed with the quality. Mine must have been a first run, because it still had the 9mm motor spacers.
The covering was very poorly applied, the whole entire plane had severe wrinkles, I had to iron the whole thing. I'm not talking minor wrinkles, it had RIPPLES! EVERYWHERE!
Also, the glue that was used to glue the wood to the fiberglass is very bad. Both battery mounting trays pulled loose in the Nacells during motor installation, and I wasn't even touching them. I had to reinforce everything with epoxy.
Next, after the maiden flight, I recharged the batteries and went to go up again. Once I connected the batteries, one of the latches for the battery cover popped right off, there was barely any glue contacting the lid, just a little glue down one side only.
Due to financial constraints, I had to go with the fixed gear option. The main gear mounting pads are set at an angle, I suppose it's to fit the angle of the wing Dihedral, but the angle is way off. The gear is splayed outward, and if I mount them to the opposite sides, the gear splays inward. I left them pointing outward for stability.

I think that E-flite should take a little better care on QC, especially if this is supposed to be their 'Platinum' series.

OK, with that aside, I absolutely LOVE flying this bird. It is very stable in flight, and very powerful. I opted to go with a different brand of motors, but the power is equivalent to the Power 32 setup, on 5S, spinning 12X6E props. All I can say is.....AWESOME! I had my flaps a tiny bit out of adjustment, when I did my in-flight flap test, the plane rolled slightly to the right, so I opted to land without flaps on the maiden flight. It glided in nicely, and settled down on the main gear very smoothly, no problems at all without flaps.

Other than the QC issues, I think this bird has a good chance of becoming my new favorite plane.