RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP Corsair
Thread: KMP Corsair
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:02 AM
lynn1130
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Corsair

Someone with more experience correcting that particular problem may be able to help but I found that doing too much to try to correct the issue made me believe that the integrity of the wing could be compromised. I made an effort to correct the angle that the joiner fit in both sections and when it got to the point mentioned I stopped. There is still a 1 or 2 mm misalignment in one wing. If, you, like most of us strive for perfection that misalignment is maddening. The response from KMP was, RCers have to expect that they will have to do some work to make things fit, That is so much BS. I expect parts to fit correctly. If I make changes, then yes, I will have to make corrections to make my changes fit. Think about the number of products that we buy and have to assemble. How many of them require machining parts to get it to go together?

I'll mount my soap box again here and say that no matter what product you buy today they are not made to the standards that we used to see. The fact that we import lead tainted products from China should give you a clue about what the rest of the products coming in from there are like. That in mind, the QC people should be all over items coming in so that there are not the complaints from consumers that we are currently seeing. However, in today's business it is turn the product as fast as you can to make the profit.