RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fox Engines
Thread: Fox Engines
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 01:49 PM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox Engines

I have also flown the Fox Eagle. Their service is no doubt the best customer service I have ever had. I could write a book on their service. However the last E .74 ring did not measure up. I returned it 3 times and each time they returned it stating 11x8 prop,, 11,000 rpm all ok. It would die/dead stick all the time and this was with correct fuel setting. I used Fox Gold Star 5% fuel and Idle bar plugs w/11x8 prob. Still no luck. Finally lost the plane. I returned it to them and asked they keep the engine but let me know what they found wrong with it.. I never got a response. Hindsite. I should not have used 20% oil/ 100% castor as reco. I should have used 18% full syn w/ 2 oz of castor added. The plug should have been OS 8,, and I should allow for long rich break in. I think had I done this the engine might have been ok.. I believe the 20 % castor and rich mid range on the carb allowed castor to build up and kill the engine on throttle up. I no longer fly 2 strokes so I can't test this out, but I am sure others can. Have fun,, keep flying..