RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 01-14-2010, 09:56 AM
avronaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: orcrest

Nothing is WRONG. Thankyou for the lesson but I am fairly sure I have a handle on the mechanics of changing modules and antennas.

I just want Hitec to clarify if the 72MHz antenna is connected externally to the module by a wire or if it works through the internal connection. Very simple question, not too hard to understand I would have thought.

A person on this forum has suggested that it is connected externally to the 72MHz module. I am SIMPLY asking if anyone from HITEC can confirm this, and if it is NOT connected externally, is the metal 72MHz antenna sold with the Spectra Pro or is it a separate purchase? Other than a brief oblique reference in the RCFlyer magazine review, nothing that I have seen so far alludes to which situation is true, not on any forum to which I am subscribed nor in any Hitec promotional material that I have seen.

Maybe it's just so obvious that it should work through the internal connection like every other FM transmitter in existence that Hitec haven't felt the need to spell it out for us, it's obvious to me that that's probably how it will work. But equally there are some who think it might be wired externally.

For me, I assume that it will work internally so I just want to know if the metal antenna comes with the Spectra Pro when you buy it or is it a separate purchase. That's it, plain & simple.

I've repeated my question a number of different ways now so I hope the ESL among us have finally got the gist of my question.

Don't come down. Moduls will be connected inside via the antenna base as usual.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14005159@N00/4274337800/

Uli