RCU Forums - View Single Post - Money dissapears so fast!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:33 PM
jmaxey51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Money dissapears so fast!

i have been running a jammin x1 and now converted to an x2 for over a year now and i havent had to buy anything for it. i had to buy a set of rear a-arms and front out drive, they still werent bad but just went ahead and bought them. i dont ever have to buy parts. i bought the x1 used and spent 180 for an used GRP 21 and then paid 150 for the upgrade kit, then i bought an used vspec for 20 bucks but i got new bearing and re-pinched for 70 so 90 total, and also i bought a new starter box for 95. and thats all i had to buy besides fuel and entry fees. this hobby is a tone cheaper than motocross. in less than one year i spent 6,000 in just parts, it excludes tires and suspension because i got those from sponsors. that isnt to even mentioning the hundreds of dollars that it coast to even race one on the weekend. 20 a person to just get threw the gate, 20 a class to practice, and 25 per class to race. i practiced and raced in atleast two a weekend sometimes 3 or 4. also medical bills need to be added into the equation, i had a career ending injury so now i started doing this because its cheap and safe. this hobby is dirt cheap to me but i can understand how it can get expensive. i run pro buggy and truggy and the guys i race with have thousands in one car. you can do it cheap though. Ebay has become my friend for this hobby.