RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Striker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

ORIGINAL: chewytm

Ah, but the rest of the radio isn't radiating. The antenna is. I think it IS illegal to substitute a different antenna from the one it is tested with. This, I think are the FCC's rules. Of course, we do not have such rules where I live, or at least not enforced.

chewy
Agree, but who monitors the people buying the transmitters to see it they would always keep the antenna the radio was sold with??? Same goes for the crystals in the 72 Mhz TX. It's sold with a crystal for a specific frequency, the crystal can be changed for another which is within the upper or lower bands of the 72 Mhz RC spectrum, but who checks to see if they do this? Is the manufacturer responsible for this.

ORIGINAL: chewy. Of course, we do not have such rules where I live, or at least not enforced.

chewy
Don't you think that your government would have been setting the standards for this since Malaysia is one of the biggest manufacturers of home and industrial electronics?

I think the radio being tested and approved by the FCC with the antenna is one thing, but if the manufacturer clearly stipulates the specifications of the antenna required, its the OWNERS responsibility to ensure that they get that.

Regardless what the TX is shipped with, people can still do stupid things. Cars are sold and tested with approved brake pads, rotors and tires, do you think everyone replaces them with parts having the manufacturer specifications? NO

Yes you can say that at least the cars came with the ones which were quality components from the manufacturer, but the bottom line is many people will still go with cheap aftermarket ones and kill themselves in the process, so what it came with is still irrelevant.

I think you guys are blowing this way out of proportion and besides that, I am sure Hitec RCD thought of this before. The 72 Mhz frequency spectrum is also harmless with nothing of real importance outside the harmonics of that spectrum.

Manufacturers cannot be responsible for the the ignorance, negligence and for the out right stupidity which some people may bask in.