RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Wind 110
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Zebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebart Wind 110

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

Question about mounting this motor:

There is a gold color shaft collar built into the motor 'can' at what will be the rear end, and a silver removable collar attached to what will be the prop side/front of the motor. This collar does not fit through the hole in the firewall. Probably a dumb question, but can I remove this collar or do I have to adapt the hole in the plane to fit? I was really hoping not to have to start cutting away at this beautiful plane.

Ihad the same issue with my 4025 motor, Idid not want to make the shaft hole bigger worring that it may weaken the motor mount so Itook the shaft collar out. It seemed to be fine as long as the motor's thrust is forward it should not cause any harm.However, after couple of mopnths, one day at the field,I did notice that the gap around themotor can got a little biggerand on the next flight the motor burned. Iam not sure whether it is related to not having the collar or not.

On my new motor,(same exact one)Idid leave the collar and used Dremel to make the shaft hole a little bigger, four months has passed and so far no problem with the motor.Themotor mount seems very strong. So go for it.