RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Project
Thread: New Project
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Project

Got a bit more done on the engine cradle but as always I've been distracted by other things.....
Scored a bent shaft Stihl FS45 weedwacker really cheap (of course) which I'm converting to straight shaft with proper handles and harness.

Tell you what though, these Stihl motors are pretty solid, and have plenty of bolts which would be great for....oh I dunno......mounting to a chassis....
Maybe......

[:@]NO!
[:@]
Must.....resist........urge........

This will be used as a weedwacker and nothing else.

So I should be back on track with working on the car soon.
I got my diff from DC2man the other dayl so been tinkering a bit with mounting a pocketbike sprocket on to it and it looks like it's gonna work really well.
Once the cradle is finished I'm gonna start pulling my hair out trying to decide how to do the rear swingarm setup.

So much for this being a simple project.

Also got given an old pushbike the other day.
Maybe lengthen the front forks, put some apehangers and a chainsaw motor on that......
Yea!
Pushbike chopper!

Then there's plenty to be done in the backyard as well.
Gotta pour a concrete slab to put another shed up, lay some pavers, finish building a gate.

Not to mention replacing the doors on my car, fixing up the rust and respraying it.

Oh and getting up on the roof and screwing down a couple of roof sheets that are a bit loose....

Ah well.

Think I'll just go out to the shed, have a beer and look at my motors for a bit.

All that other stuff can wait.