RCU Forums - View Single Post - USHS HBKv3 Tuner Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 12:52 AM
warpnine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: USHS HBKv3 Tuner Thread

I strongly suggest not wasting your time with FMS, especially when their are other very low cost flight simulator programs like ClearView ( http://rcflightsim.com/download.html ) that work much better! I use ClearView which has a bunch of free models for it, excellent flight physics simulation, photo-realistic models and sceanary, weather, a flight recorder, multiple camera angles, 3D or normal helicopter flight, smoke and crash simulation, and several training modes. You can even make your own flight models (with some tools or just by modifying one that you start out with - which is what I did) and landscapes too. It is awesome for the price and not only supports helicopters, but airplanes and more recently cars too. ClearView is a great deal since for a one time $39 purchase - you get all future upgrades for free. These come out every 3 months or so, and aren't just bug fixes - the author adds a lot of new features too. I've updated mine about a dozen times since I got it, as well as gotten models for the Honey Bee King2 (which I modified for a HH gyro!) and a Belt CP too. You can try ClearView for free before you buy it, but only for a short period of time (5 minutes of flight time).

I use the Esky 0905A USB controller (about $30 here: https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=518 ) rather than messing up my real transmitter trying to get it to work, and it works great with ClearView. (The fact that it is a 4 channel controller doesn't even matter either, since the simulator software generates the other channels that would otherwise be missing). You want to get a USB controller for sure, since trying to fly the simulator with just the keyboard isn't even close to flying your real helicopter.

Give ClearView a look, and I think you'll like it much better than FMS - especially because its flight models seem to work much more realistically. FMS reminds me of the saying: "Anything free is worth what you pay for it"! It may be a free flight simulator, but it's just not very good...

Just my $0.02 anyway! -

Dave