RCU Forums - View Single Post - SHOW UR BOATS PEOPLE
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 06:57 PM
yfjumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHOW UR BOATS PEOPLE

reply to gulfstreamI original message:
I see the simililaties between these two boats. I have to agree with you that this is a racing or sport version replica of the full scale Glastron Scimatar powerboat.
The Playtron Candyboat is a "rough gem" in my RTR powerboat R/C fleet. This boat measures 22.5 inches from bow tip to rudder. It is 7.5 inches wide at the stern. It turns quick & ocassionally "spins out" if a turn is incorrectly executed. She weighs a mere 2.40 lbs at the scale ( with 7.2 volt sub C cells included).

This boat was originally equipped with a 540 class Mabuchi 27 turn electric motor. Upgraded presently to a 550 class 20 turn double Kyosho mega Motor. This boat is at par (equal) in speed with my new 2004 Kyosho Airstreak 500 E.P. & is virtually unsinkable due to it's built-in styrofoam floatation rarely found in early 1980's r/c boats.

my reply: (unsinkable!?!?!?!?!?! i was running my candy full speed when the boat ran into some old fishing line that was hanging from a tree and the boat flew 8ft into the air!!! then it flipped upside down and sunk down aboat 2ft... good thing i had a long rake on hand to pull it in!!!)