RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought a used Hellfire, few questions...
Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 PM
stussman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought a used Hellfire, few questions...

ORIGINAL: RPaulG87

That goes against everything I've read...doing that is like pinching the fuel line, which hurts the engine and as it states in every R\C manual, should only be used in emergency situations, why? Because it causes the engine to lean out until it shuts off, nitro fuel is formulated to lubricate the engine, lubricants keep OUT mositure and COAT to prevent rust, how do you figure nitro fuel in a engine is going to attract moisture? I can't find a single nitro fuel out there that dosen't have lubricants in it that prevent rust and help moving parts, and the more reading I've done, the more after-run oil seems useless unless you are going to let your r\c sit for a year and let everything dry out, otherwise the nitro fuel will lubricate it just fine.

My only thing with heavier weight oil...is that the heavier it is, the harder it is for the piston to spring back to it's orignal position after it's gone down, even more so with a heavy vehicle..@ 35 mine couldn't even do it right...I could try a heavier weight oil I guess...I just don't see how that is going to let the piston spring back like lighter weight oil will :-\
It doesnt hurt the engine. It leans for a second and then dies out before heating up. If you have finished with the engine for the day pull the line off the carb and burn the excess fuel off. The engine starts for a second and all the EXCESS fuel is burnt from the engine. A coating of fuel/oil will still be on the internals. I only use ARO if i let it sit for a week or more. I agree most people have different opinions on whether ARO works or not. I actuallu use auto transmission fluid instead of ARO.
Cranks and crankcases do rust! I have opened numerous engines that have had rust on cranks. If you leave excess fuel in the engine your asking for trouble.