RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dumas sport 20 Pay N' Pak
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:02 PM
R.J. West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumas sport 20 Pay N' Pak

The basic hull and cowl is finished...All thats left is to epoxy on the wing after I sand an airfoil shape to it...
A couple days ago I mixed up a thick batch of 30min epoxy and microballoons and filled in some nicks here & there and today was spent sanding, shaping the nose & front air dams.
I wiped out my right angle drive on my Dremel and started to remove some frames on the inside compartment and shape them, along with the front area so my SS-6 tank can be able to fit up in the nose area. I'm trying to figure out the radio layout. I have two CNC machined servo mounts for standard servos. I'l have to take pics later to show better what I'm talking about, but I'd like to mount both throttle & rudder servos up forward and make a radio box between frames 5 & 6. It fits but leaves little room for my mini reciever & battery pack. Or, could i get away with a mini servo for the throttle? if so then whats a good choice? I have several Cox mini servos that produce 9.9oz torque. My rudder servos I have two choices, both are hitec, one is a MG625 and the other is a MG645

Now since the sport 20 cowl has no cutouts for a dummy exhaust or any for that matter, I've studied pictures of the real boat with the cowl over its engine and I will try and copy that look. I am going to make a functional cowl scoop in the area where it should be. I am also going to make some narrow cutouts along each side where the V-12's exhaust would be, however I'm going to cement some black window screen material on the inside instead of fake stacks to allow some air circulation inside the cowl....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89031.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	1366143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69217.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	1366144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90422.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	329.5 KB