RCU Forums - View Single Post - Struggling with battery Choice!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 PM
lee172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with battery Choice!

ORIGINAL: john01374
To answer your first question. Lipos have a much high discharge rate, they're lighter, easier to maintain, cost less and will provide 300+ cycles before you need to replace it. The best nimh pack will have flat performance by the 100th cycle

second question. Why are they more expensive. Greed..... It also doesn't help that nimh is a dying breed and there is very little money going into research. As you know when things get better they typically get cheaper. Nimh has run it's course. The future is lipo/life
i agree with most of your points, apart from the 'easier to maintain' one, what could be easier than: charge>run till it dies>recharge

you try that with a lipo and your in trouble, now when i say try that, i mean if you forget to take the lipo out before the critical point, or if you forget to set the LVC..

ORIGINAL: J.D.T
I would mention the best part about lipos is you can charge them one day and run them the next with very little if any perfermance loss depending on how good the battery, the best NIMH in the world are best when served hot, meaning the second they come off the charger they start falling and you get half the performance the next day
sure, they do lose there charge after time, but seriously, half the performance after a day?? thats exagerating a little..