RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just Purchased: Aquacraft Rio EP
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Cynicism

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Purchased: Aquacraft Rio EP

Just recived my Aquacraft Rio EP today, I ordered it from Tower Hobbies a few days back. I took it down to the local marina and ran it once so far, Itried to do different levels of throttle and not just run it flat out since the motor is new. I'm new to radio controlled so I'm not sure if that made any difference to begin with. The EP is currently powered by a 7.2 6c 2000mAh DuraTrax stick. I'm aware that is low powered, but I picked it up cheap to run the boat with while it's new. I'll be upgrading to a better pack soon, power is good.

So far I love the boat, I had to play with the rear fins to the boat wouldn't bounce so much, and adjusted the steering trim and responce levels. I got it at a fairly decent setting, least I think I do. Ido have a couple of questions, I checked the stickied post but that pretains more to LiPo batteries than the ones I'm using. So please forgvie me if a few of these have already been asked.

I'm looking for more speed, what's the strongest battery Icould run considering the ESC module is a weak link in this boat?

What's the best propeller for top speed for this model? Stock is a FRP 42mm prop, Iwas thinking of using a Grimracer metal prop which I'd balance and sharpen myself.

In the future I plan to upgrade to a Brushless and LiPo friendly ECS, while running a 3c 5000mAh. According to the sticky that was best for this size hull. What motors/ECSs would anyone recommend, cost is not a major issue. I hear the hull being made of ABS plastic could be a limitation.

Thanks for reading and for any help you may offer, I'll post some pictures once I get a chance.

First post, lol.