RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remembering Carl Goldberg Models "The Legends of Carl GOldberg"
Old 01-30-2010, 08:24 AM
EduardoBC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Remembering Carl Goldberg Models

I really envy Eloy. Unfortunately, I never met Carl but I was fortunate enough to have built several of his models. His designs both RC, CL and FF are timeless and they are good today as much as they were good 40 years ago. Here in Colombia, they continue to be popular and are built (from plans) by several real modelers. Of course they were other gentlemen who knew exactly how to make kits , engines and RC equipment such as Ed Manulkin of Sterling and Sid Axlerod of Top Flite, Also several other geniuses like Roy Cox of .049 Babe Bee fame and, as mentioned by Eloy, John Brodbeck. I also remember gentlemen like Phil Kraft who took RC equipment manufacture to a new level, John Elliot and Gerry Krause of EK Logictrol fame and several others who made this hobby what it is today. As a matter of fact I still have my original Kwik Fli Mk.III built in 1970 and designed by Kraft with which I learned to fly RC aerobatics. It is in perfect flying condition. AND I am at the present time building a Flea Fli!!! Same Kwik Fli but 66% smaller. All this to show that RC is not the same as it used to be. Those horrendous ARFs which teach nothing and cost Bill Gates' fortune are no good for the real modeler who really enjoys both building and flying.